(Labor Day) Weekend Rewind
Disclaimer: I kept seeing people tag their pictures/posts with “LDW” and I legit thought there was some badass conference going on somewhere. I literally just figured out this acronym this morning.
+ / The wedding of our lovely friends Michelle & Jeff at Alderbrook Resort - I cannot wait to get back there!
- / Of all of the weddings we went to this summer, I was super bummed to be sober at this one. All we had to do was take an elevator up to our room… it would have been ridiculously convenient to indulge a bit!
+ / Malone Mobile prep for tailgate season. T MINUS 4 DAYS!
+ / Gave myself a manicure I’m pretty darn proud of. Hot pink with gold glitter on the ring fingers. (Do people still do that?)
- / Other than the aforementioned manicure, I was pretty sloth-like yesterday. I felt slightly guilty, as I probably could have done something baby related instead of watching Kim Kardashian walk down the aisle for the third time.
* Due date is 4 months away! EEK!
* Last night, Mr. Malone brought home PASTEURIZED brie cheese and I was the happiest woman in the world.
* Fantasy football draft is tonight. My approach this year is to pretend I don’t know what I’m doing and act indifferent. We’ll see how that works out for me, especially if saylittleandsayitwell tries to jack one of my players. (WATCH YO SELF, SHANNON!)
* First Husky tailgate is just over a week away. I have back to school jitters.
* Oh, what a feeling! When we’re dancing on the ceiling.
Hot & Bothered
Welp, I finally got one of those comments about pregnancy that I never thought I would hear.
"So is it safe to say you’re pregnant and not fat?"
No, this did not come from a friend. It came from a man who I had just met - those were literally the first words out of his mouth. And no, I didn’t get any kind of joking vibe from him.
PEOPLE SAY THIS KIND OF STUFF?!?! If I wasn’t so shocked to hear it, I probably would have responded with something
snarky bitchy. Instead, I picked my jaw up off the floor and said “Yes, I’m pregnant.”
Of course now, 2 days later, I have a plethora of responses. I’m going to have to teach Baby Maloneski how to be quick on his/her feet to avoid the rage that I’m currently feeling.
* Had a dream that a tidal wave attacked my office. I am thinking my subconscious is telling me that my water will break at work.
* I can feel the seasons changing and, call me lame, I am so excited!
* We had measurements taken last night for new windows. I’m terrified to get the estimate back, but know it needs to be done. (Our windows are currently painted shut if that gives you an idea of how bad this needs to happen.)
* Fantasy football draft next week! I really need to redeem myself after consecutive second-to-last-place finishes.
* Oh what a night, late December back in ‘63, what a very special time for me, as I remember what a night!
+ / The great guest & master bedroom switcheroo is complete! We are officially sleeping on a different level and have really embraced this whole “nesting” phase. (Or maybe that’s just me.)
+ / A much needed day with the H family. The boys are just so big - I can’t believe they are almost 8 months old. So wiggly and smiley, too. Oh, and I love saylittleandsayitwell!
- / Some days I really feel like I’m doing this whole pregnancy thing wrong. I don’t rub my belly all the time and I still haven’t taken pictures of my “bump.” I see other pregnant ladies around and they just look so damn cute, while I feel frumpy and “meh.”
- / Watched the saddest story on ESPN about how the ice bucket challenge began. Cue all of the tears.
+ / An impromptu movie night with Mr. Malone - “Hook” & some ice cream. Nom nom nom.
Today marks twenty weeks. The halfway point. Forty divided by two. WHAT THE HELL?!
I’m having a hard time believing that Mr. Malone and I will have another human to care for in just four months. Seriously - where did the time go?! (Also, we’re 98% sure it’s a human. There were a couple times during our ultrasound yesterday that it kind of looked like a bunny. A gender neutral bunny.)
We’ve been working HARD to get some shit taken care of - registry, re-working our entire house so we’re on the same floor as the baby, looking into new windows, floors, etc. Our house looks like a tornado went through it, but each time we finish a project, I feel an overwhelming sense of pride. I feel slightly less panicked. (Key word being slightly.)
And how else am I feeling? A thousand times better. Some days I find myself with endless amounts of energy. I could clean and de-clutter and organize to my little heart’s content. Other days, though, I just want to lie on our bomb ass new couch and watch Bravo until there are no more housewives.
Oh, and Mr. Malone has been the absolute cutest as of late. Sometimes he gives my growing belly a kiss and it makes me die inside. And then when he says “I love you, baby” afterwards… swooooon.